Here, you will get to see West Virginia mesothelioma lawyer if you are in need of a qualified attorney that will stand by your side as you file for asbestos claims. Do not get stocked fighting mesothelioma you got while working for these companies. See below to get some helpful information that will assist you on this.
Every year, 2,000 to 3,000 people are being diagnosed with mesothelioma. Around 125 million people have suffered exposure to asbestos in the workplace. Most of these cases are malignant, or cancerous. From 1999 to 2015, 45,221 people have died from mesothelioma disease. In West Virginia, 432 people died in this same period. West Virginia has a higher than average mesothelioma fatality rate compared to other states, of 14 people per million each year.
Mesothelioma is caused by exposure to asbestos. Asbestos fibers accumulate and create disturbances in the body. Patients may be exposed to asbestos through work or through breathing asbestos fibers in the home.
The vast majority of asbestos exposure in West Virginia happened in occupational settings. West Virginian workers have been exposed in coal mines, refineries, manufacturing plants, chemical plants, power generation facilities and U.S. military bases.
When filing a suit for asbestos claim, it is very much important you have a good lawyer than can prove that you actually got mesothelioma during your period with the company. This suit can be filed by the patient or a close relative to the patient.
- Automotive parts
- Cosmetic items
- Ductwork and insulation
- Electrical components
- Fireproofing and flame-retardant materials
- Floor, roof, and ceiling tiles
- Fume hoods
- Vinyl items
How to Find a West Virginia Mesothelioma Lawyer
A good mesothelioma attorney in West Virginia that will secure your compensation is the dream of any mesothelioma patient. The compensation can come in the form hospital bill payment, burial expenses (in the case where the patient is dead) or instant payment to the patient or family.
Mesothelioma cases are a special niche in personal injury law. Look for a lawyer in West Virginia who specializes in mesothelioma and asbestos claims. Having an experienced attorney in your corner can make a big difference in the timeline of your lawsuit as well as the amount of compensation you receive.
West Virginia Mesothelioma Law Firms
West Virginia residents in need of a mesothelioma lawyer should choose any of these nationwide mesothelioma law firm because they have experience a local firm can’t match.
- Weitz & Luxenberg
- Cooney & Conway
- Simmons Hanly Conroy
- Nemeroff Law
- Galiher DeRobertis & Waxman
These three has offices in West Virginia
- Cooney & Conway has an office in Washington, D.C.
- Weitz & Luxenberg has an office in New York City.
- Simmons Hanly Conroy has an office in New York City.
Asbestos Verdicts Awarded to West Virginia Workers
- $6.4 Million: In 2002, a West Virginia jury ordered DuPont to pay $6.4 million in damages to the family of Leonard Cox, who died two years prior from malignant mesothelioma. Experts traced the cancer back to asbestos dust brought home on his father’s work clothes when Cox was a child. His father, who died of asbestosis, installed asbestos insulation at DuPont’s chemical plant in Belle, West Virginia. It remains the highest asbestos verdict ever awarded in West Virginia.
- $4.57 Million: A West Virginia jury awarded $4.57 million to a boilermaker who developed mesothelioma after exposure to asbestos in power plants and chemical plants.
- $4.2 Million: A man who developed mesothelioma after exposure to asbestos in shipyards was awarded $4.2 million by a West Virginia jury.